Every time Justin impressionates Nacho Libre (which is quite often;) he looks at me and says « you wouldn’t get it, because you’ve never watched the movie »… well, you can’t say that anymore babe! I’ve finally watched the movie from beginning to end!
We love chips and salsa! We’ve always had Paces salsa and Tostitos chips in stock at home, but one day we were out of chips— I realized we had corn tortillas, oil, salt and an oven, and that’s the beginning of when we stopped buying store bought tortilla chips! I think eating homemade baked corn chips are way better, and cheaper than the buying packaged chips! You most likely have these items as a staple in your own home! It’s very easy and quick!
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with foil.
- Using scissors or a knife, cut each corn tortilla into 6 triangle shaped wedges.
- Place cut triangles evenly between the two baking sheets. It’s ok if they are slightly overlapping, they will shrink when baked.
- Brush oil evenly onto triangles and sprinkle salt over top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until light golden brown. (Baking will vary based on oven.) Allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*Store chips in a baggy or airtight container
*You can bake these without oil- although, I find it to be better with oil