I’m a food snob- I’m not a fan of making or eating foods that call for pre-made fillings, packaged puddings, soup mixes, etc. Because, a lot of store bought pre-mades are packed with sugar and other substances/chemicals, to preserve shelf life. I think everything is better homemade, and in a sense healthier without the extra substances! However, I admit, there are some things that I’m not a snob over; all kinds of cereal, frosted covered animal cookies, cheese ruffles, and my banana cream pie recipe! This recipe calls for packaged vanilla pudding mix… and I haven’t wanted to change it due to it’s decilious flavor!
This pie has a velvety smooth texture, with a rich creamy goodness taste! Any banana cream pie lover will go “bananas” over this recipe! 😉 I hope you give this a try, and enjoy!
- Prepared pie crust*
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 box (3.4 oz) vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4-5 bananas
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, whip heavy cream until its thick and fluffy- scoop out into a separate bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and pudding mix (the pudding mix will be thick, this helps the overall mixture to thicken.) Using the same large bowl you whipped heavy cream, beat cream cheese until fluffy on medium-high speed. Add condensed milk and pudding mixture, continue to whip on medium-high until smooth. Scrape down the sides of bowl.
- Fold in half of the whip cream and mix on low, scraping down the sides of the bowl frequently.
- In your prepared pie crust, place sliced bananas on the bottom of crust and pour cream filling on top- you can add bananas throughout the filling, just the bottom or top, or all of the above! Once filling is in, finish the pie off with the rest of the whip cream! Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
*If you top the pie off with bananas, make sure the pie is ready to be served immediately. Bananas brown quickly!
*I’ve made this pie in flaky, graham cracker, and a Chex crust! I’ll post a few crust recipes in the near future:)